Google officially announced the launch of its new generation of Nexus series, Nexus S with samsung hardware on 16th December.
It will be the most powerfull phone till date with 1Ghz Hummingbird processor. Nexus S will be the first phone to have Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), so can expect faster android with the powerfull hardware, its gonna be very fast, faster downloads, faster browsing and cool graphics.
It will be the first smartphone to show off a slightly curved AMOLED screen, called a Contour Display (a Samsung exclusive), 4″. The external body slightly resembles to Samsung Galaxy.
Checkout the comparison of Nexus S, Dell Steak and Nexus One, m definitely looking forward for Nexus S, its priced $529 unlocked, $199 with T-mobile.
Found a nice security review for Nexus One by James Heary which I would like to share
The Top 12 must have apps for Nexus One
1. Layar – Layar is a free application on your mobile phone which shows what is around you by displaying real time digital information on top of reality through the camera of your mobile phone.
2. ES File Explorer – Fex,Manage & Share Files in LAN & Internet networkFile Manager, FTP, SMB, App & Taskkiller
Multiselect, Edit note text, samba Streaming player.
3. Task Killer – One Touch Task killer for android.
4. VPN Connection – Connect to you Virtual Private Network.
5. Skype – Skype Client for android .
6. Seesmic – Tweeter Client for android.
7. ShopSavvy – ShopSavvy allows you to use your phone’s camera to scan barcodes to find the best prices for online and local items.
8. VideoPlayer – Play videos saved on you SD card , supported formats Mpeg4.
9. Places Directory – Places Directory allows you to browse nearby places in categories like Restaurants, Movie Theaters, Hotels and Banks. You’ll see distance and directions to the destination, and if you tap on the listing, we’ll show ratings and photos. You can also call the business or view its location on Google Maps.
10. Metal Detector – Fun App for Nexus One that turns your phone to a metal detector.
11. Pin Tail – Find your lost phone using Pintail, It searches the phone location using the pincode.
12. Finance – This is an ultimate app that brings you streaming real-time quotes in this stock quote and portfolio application.
Google launched its long awaited Nexus One on 5th January 2010 and was lucky enough to order one on the 6th . I really dont have words to describe the coolest gadget , it is simply the best .
The only way, You can buy it is through Google webstore with or without contract with T-mobile and comes unlocked. Now thats what I call freedom . The one with contract is for 179 USD (T-Mobile only ) and without contract is for 529 USD .
At the moment Nexus One is only shipped to The United States , UK , Hong Kong and Singapore for all other countries , sorry you’ll need wait for sometime.
Before purchasing the “superphone” , I had three phones to compete with the winner
1. Pre 2010 gadget , the much hyped i-phone .
2. Motorolla Droid.
3. Palm pre.
but each one had its own limitations and the obvious winner was Nexus One .
The hardware of the superphone makes it the fastest and the most powerful phone till date . Qualcomm QSD 8250 1 GHz processor makes multitasking very smooth , it has additional 512 MB flash memory , 512 MB of RAM and 4GB microSD card, expandable upto 32GB, though Apple is rumoured to come up with Dual Core processor in the 4th generation iPhone coming soon in April this year.
The superphone has a sleek and sexy design , and fits well in the palm though it has 3.7-inch (diagonal) widescreen WVGA AMOLED touchscreen , it still gives a feel of being sleek unlike i-phone . The 5 megapixel camera with auto flash adds extra points to the superphone.
Assisted global positioning system (AGPS) receiver, Cell tower and Wi-Fi positioning, Digital compass, Accelerometer
are the coolest apps provided with the superphone. Some more cool features introduced include Live Wallpapers , Google Maps , Google Listen, Google Translate and more. Due to the patent , Google have not added the multitouch feature in the software but the Nexus One hardware definitely supports multitouch. So the pinch zooming, much popular among iPhone users is lacking here , but dont need to worry you can have multitouch feature just by installing a free third party app “dolphin” browser from Android Market .
Now lets see what i-Phone users have to say about Nexus One, check this out iPhone User Reviews .